Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chuck E. Cheese

My big revelation for the week came at Chuck E Cheese Thursday night. We were there for a birthday party. You must know that I am a big fan of the place. I have always liked it. It is a great place to take the kids to blow off steam and have fun. The thing we like best about it is that children of many ages can have an equally good time. We also really like the salad bar - which is a rare find in the "meat and three" loving South.

So I am usually really vigilant about the token distribution only allotting so many tokens to each child at a time so as not to "lose" very many. For a variety of reasons, I wasn't able to control the token and ticket situation on Thursday like I wanted to. This caused me lots of anxiety as the night went on and I found myself obsessing about it as I wandered around looking in on the kiddos and keeping up with Will when it was my turn. What I realized was that that's part of the kid fun atmosphere of the place. The hunt. The great find. The big score when some poor sucker left his four tickets hanging out of the skeeball machine. Finding that one last token under the machine when you bend over to pull out your winnings from the ticket dispenser. It's all good!

I am so glad to be free of that pressure. It's liberating. And it made me feel like a kid again.


On another note, I have to admit that I am obsessed with a blog. I truly LOVE it and am addicted to it. I check it throughout the day because not only does this blogger blog, she also Twitters so I HAVE to keep up with that, too. I must confess I secretly hope to meet this woman someday (not in a weird way) but simply because I feel like she is a close friend. What a treat! Smiles and laughs abound when I read her blog and I find myself showing it to my kids and even George (who harasses me for being so into it). He still doesn't get it. Anyway, it's fabulous and I am glad to admit it.

Here are a few photos of what we've been up to. Have a great week. Meg's parent-teacher conference is tomorrow. That should be good for some laughs!

Meg brought home Nutbrown Hare from school.



Olivia lost another tooth. She is learning to talk and eat with no front teeth.




This is how Will feels about baths.


No comments: