Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer

It's going by too fast and also not fast enough (only because we're excited to go here! And here! And here!)


It's already June 24th. We are knee deep in swim team, summer "camp" and ice pops. There's never enough time for reading books. Ticks seem to like our yard this summer and there's also no shortage of sunshine. "You're really tan, Meg," said Mrs. Brooks today. "Wait til you see me when I get back from San Diego," Meg replied. How does she know that? Tonight she was also describing something one of the helpers did at school as "really hateful." All I could figure was that she (the helper) was trying to limit the amount of craziness that was going on in the giant inflatable obstacle course. It was too much.

For some reason I feel like I am really out of sync even though we theoretically have less scheduling than we do during the school year. For the most part I think that is true but that also means there are three kiddos home all day with less time for me to collect my thoughts! Today, both girls announced they couldn't find any clean undies. Well, I guess that means we need to do some laundry.

We had a crazy insane fun visit with the Gignoux family. They came through town and bunked with us for three nights. My girls love it when they come. Aside from trying to make sure Olivia doesn't abandon Christianity in favor of "Annie Worship," they seem to have fun together. They get utterly exhausted and someone ends up crying or freaking out each night. They eventually settle down and get some sleep.

Will is usually along for the ride these days. He loves being out and about but absolutely hates getting in the carseat. He tries to talk and seems extra attached to me right now. It's cute but also makes me kind of sad. Of course, I eat it up because he's probably our last little one so he gets spoiled more I think.

Here's a taste of the fun we've been having. Thank you, Lord, for summer.






No comments: