Monday, September 7, 2009

No no no

Tonight I was lucky to draw the "put Will to bed" straw. His nightly routine involves rocking and singing. I don't usually do this duty. Usually George does this duty and I have the girls. Well tonight was my turn. Something happened to me tonight that has never happened to me before. He told me to stop singing certain songs. What's worse...I thought he was pretty much asleep when he told me to stop singing certain songs. Unbelievable. I tried some of the standards like "Jesus Loves Me" and "Jesus Loves the Little Children" but both of these got booed. "This Little Light of Mine" was acceptable and so was my HORRIBLE rendition of "Amazing Grace." I even got away with "Tomorrow" from Annie. I tried going back to the old standards but again they were rebuked. I don't know what that means exactly but it was hilarious and I almost couldn't keep myself from laughing hysterically. Afterward, I came downstairs and asked George if the same thing had ever happened to him and he said no. Hmmmm. Then I asked him what he sings and he said whatever he could remember the words to. He went on to list a few classic rock songs that he likes. No wonder I got shushed.

1 comment: